View Single Post

Old 07-13-2018, 06:01 PM

Liked 148 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachogrande View Post
There's a slim chance I may need a gun SOMEDAY. If that day ever comes, it had better be on my person cuz I doubt I'll have time to go fetch it. So far my house or vehicle has never needed a gun & wouldn't be able to use it anyway. A car (especially an unlocked one) harder to break into than a house, please.
Interesting. Rural Iowa would be like living on he moon for some of you folks. I leave my truck unlocked with the keys in it out by the garage. I don't often leave a gun in the truck over night but if I did both the truck and the gun is going to be there in the morning. There are always loaded guns in several places in the house. Guns aren't much good if they're unloaded.

I find it easier if I'm going to the PO to just shove the gun under the seat when I leave home as it's a federal offence to carry in the PO. When I'm driving the pistol/revolver is usually in a holster on the seat beside me. If the coppers pull you over just leave your hands on the wheel and tell him you have a gun on the seat, he'll tell you how to proceed from there. Country cops don't go all freaky deaky over guns as long as you have a permit to carry.

There are many times when I travel any distance there's a loaded ar15 behind the seat with several loaded mags as well as a hand gun somewhere on my person.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: