View Single Post

Old 07-14-2018, 10:33 AM

Liked 3,515 Times in 1,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
I do have a RCBS separator, with the inner slotted basket. I pour it into the basket, close the lid, crank the handle. It does a pretty good job of separating the media.

The problem is pouring from the tumbler to the separator, then the separator back into the tumbler, and digging the brass out of the basket. I keep my brass in ziplock bags. Some always spills, dust gets in the air and all over me and the clothes. Then it gets tracked inside and can contaminate the kitchen. The brass, even if supposedly clean, is still covered with a thin film of dust.

I have had a blood test, my lead levels are normal. I don't consider it to be silly to take precautions to avoid preventable chronic conditions. I also don't shoot indoors.
This reminds me of what old timers (with their false bravado) used to think about ear protection...it wasn't manly. Of course all of them are stone deaf now. There is absolutely nothing wrong in taking precautions against lead poisoning when reloading. Do what ever makes YOU comfortable. Having known folks who did extensive reloading for police departments (back in the day) and took no precautions, lost tremendous amounts of weight and couldn't remember their names, I say precautions are very reasonable and necessary, especially if you have contact with young children, who are more likely to have an adverse reaction to lead poisoning than adults.

Last edited by BE Mike; 07-14-2018 at 03:42 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: