View Single Post

Old 07-14-2018, 11:10 PM
US Veteran

Liked 39,630 Times in 10,076 Posts

Where I live there are lots of guns and keys in cars. I see rifles in racks of trucks with the windows down.Might not be a good idea in some of Montana's bigger towns though. The sheriff and county attorney might not be please that you shot someone breaking into your truck, but, charge you? I doubt it. He had better have sung in the church choir every Sunday, before somebody around here wouldn't think that's whats happens when you steal stuff and call for blood. If I gave sold or loaned someone a gun and they killed somebody, the only way I would be in trouble is if they could prove I knew they intended to do that. If I left a loaded gun propped up on my porch and the sheriff happened to stop by for any reason he would be smart enough to keep his hand off it. Ain't his, and it ain't his business unless he is coming with a warrant. I am positive the sheriff has seen everything from a rusty 22 to a 300Wm setting just inside the door of most any place he has visited and knows lots of the vehicles around here have guns in them. So does everyone else. Occasionally some idiot usually a newbie kid from out of town steals one. He best keep it out of sight. Sooner or later people figure out who a thief is and then they are not welcome anywhere. Being a know thief around here would mean it would be a bad idea just to go on someones place.

Just when is it my fault, when I leave it on the seat? under the seat? in the glove compartment? Car locked, car unlocked, broken out of a lock box in car? from my house door unlocked? door locked? cheap safe broken into? price point on safe required it isn't my responsibility? From a steel reinforced concrete vault with a heavy steel door? Just when is it my fault and not the *** thief.

Who gets to draw the line, a gun hating flaming liberal or some good ole boy on a raach in the middle of no where?

Last edited by steelslaver; 07-14-2018 at 11:37 PM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: