View Single Post

Old 07-15-2018, 08:49 PM

Liked 1,137 Times in 523 Posts

As an added touch, I like to add an "old style" thumbpiece on all my S&W revolvers, with or without the lock. Here is the Mdl 640-3 with an XS sight. Its lock has been disabled internally. I think the "old style" thumbpiece takes away some attention from the IL. It's a pretty presentable handgun and a real favorite of mine; I actually sold it once and then tracked down the gentleman a few months later and bought it back; won't happen again. I'd love a six-shot steel J frame like this in .327 Fed Mag. I mean, with the 12 round P365, the eight round Shield-9, and the six round K-6S -- the five round .38/.357 Centennials are getting harder to explain...

I also have a Mdl 686-8 that has a plug installed. It looks fine. I should point out, though, that the plug on that one is indented -- not flush with the side like that beautiful Mdl 586-7 above.

If S&W is going to remain committed to the IL for the Rest of All Time (except for selected Centennials) I wish they would engineer a "better" lock, accessed from a hidden location, with a much more robust and secure spring/lock. If they promise to drop the current IL, I promise to buy a copy of the first K frame they make without it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 640-3 with XS Sight.jpg (52.8 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by S&W Rover; 07-15-2018 at 09:01 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: