View Single Post

Old 07-20-2018, 01:54 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,211 Times in 4,579 Posts

I am probably the wrong person to reply since I cannot "like" the 44 Magnum in any configuration. Meanwhile, I REALLY LIKE the 686+ in any configuration - I have a 2.5", a 3", and a 4". Moreover, I find the .357 Magnum a far more useful gun than the .44 Magnum for almost every purpose.

I know. Blasphemy. Sacrilege. It jus' beez dat weigh. (And I see the comment above mine is completely opposed to my theory!)

That said, a Model 66 is an extremely versatile firearm. It's lighter weight makes it more convenient than a 686 if you're toting it around on your person although I don't have an issue with any of my 686s in that respect. Nonetheless, I sure don't try to carry them concealed. A short barreled 66 would be easy to conceal.

I have no 66s but I adore the original blued version, the Model 19; I have two presently, a 4" and a 2.5" and, eventually, I will acquire a 2" rarity. I know who has it and it is promised to me. So I can easily recommend a 66 as long as you don't beat it up at the range shooting too many full house magnum loads.
The Following User Likes This Post: