View Single Post

Old 07-20-2018, 05:47 PM

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVshooter View Post
I disagree. I wouldn't suggest using spray oil on the Victory and I'll tell ya why. For one it's a 22 pistol and we all know how dirty shooting 22's can be. I have seen many pistols with way too much oil on them and that is where a lot of shooters start having reliability issues with the gunk sticking to the oil and slowing down the action. The instruction manual specifically shows exactly where to put the oil, and how much. which is one drop along side the rails on the bolt. That is all you need.

To the OP.

My suggestion is to clean the pistol after every range trip if you want to have a relatively fun day at the range. Don't stress over the take down screw, you're fine as long as you hand tighten it. There is no need to gorilla tighten the screw down or use a torque wrench as some might suggest. Doing so, may lead to problems with the screw later down the road. Do not use loctite on the threads & don't waste your time using a small O-ring because if it was necessary, S&W would have supplied it that way from the factory.
Well said!!!