View Single Post

Old 07-20-2018, 08:27 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,465 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaher94087 View Post
WR asked: "Does your silver plated tarnish, and get dark?". Yes and I do not try to polish anything. Here is another photo of the as-is silver. The lighting makes the top one look more shiny than it is. Both have graying tarnish and the bottom unit is almost black in the sunlight. I believe it is best described as: 'Arrested decay'.
Ok, thanks. That is what makes me think this one is Nickel Plated, because when I first saw this, it was shiny just like now, except for that small spot ahead of the trigger (pic 4 post 18) which was tarnished like silver does. I used som Flitz on the whole thing to get rid of finger prints, etc., when I got to that small spot ahead of the trigger, the dark disappeared and was shiny like silver would be.

Could this indicate that the gun was silver plated prior to having been nickel plated? I see absolutely no brass on the frame without taking it all apart.
The barrel is steel, because a magnet attracts it.

If there is a certain picture that would help clarify anything, let me know, and it will try to get it uploaded.

WR