View Single Post

Old 07-22-2018, 09:18 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39,497 Times in 10,053 Posts

What a mess, a self serving jerk who parks in handicap spots runs into a self important jerk who has taken it upon himself to enforce handicap parking. Couple of egos here.

Parking spot enforcer was a jerk who was going beyond the norm true. But, just because somebody is out of line doesn't mean you can knock them down. Once you physically engage someone in a violent manner you are putting yourself in a position where they are likely to defend their person in a violent manner. In my opinion they should be legally able to do that to what ever point they feel necessary. Attacking people, even when they are in the wrong, is still an attack.

I am bothered by the shooter being of the mind set that he is somehow the parking police and has decided to enforce it and do so carrying. I call this the Wyatt Earp syndrome. Some cops are effected by it to.

The whole handicap parking thing is out of hand. I just came back from a short job there. !/2 of every parking lot is handicap parking. Joke is they are all being used as it seems thee threshold for getting a placard is real low. Got ingrown toe nails and your in. Saw a young kid working for me had a handicap sticker. He was vert healthy and active working. I asked him what the deal was. Post Traumatic Stress. I got it that that's real, but how does that effect your ability to walk? Can I get one because I have VA disability for severe hearing loss?

My youngest son has cerebral palsy, it mostly effects his legs which are twisted and he can walk poorly. He didn't use handicap parking because "those are for people who need them" for a long time. He does now because of the abuse. I have heard him mumble about some of the people who drive up with there sticker, hop out of their rig and sprint for the door.

Rant over
The Following 4 Users Like Post: