View Single Post

Old 07-22-2018, 10:21 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 902 Times in 382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
Well, as usual, you guys are a bad influence on me. Or good, depending on one's perspective. I received an email from Centerfire Systems on Tuesday advising that the Star BMs were back in stock. So I equivocated until this evening, and just ordered one. They are $199.99. Extra magazines $22.99 each. Free shipping on the gun. I ordered a couple of extra magazines, I was afraid that if I waited to see if I would like the gun (which comes with one magazine) that they would have sold out of the mags. All told, with shipping on the mags, and a "signature fee", and "credit card fee"......$268. that's Hi-Point territory.

Not too happy about the mutilation that CAI is doing when they put on the new "serial number", and wish the Spanish had just left on their unit markings, but for the price, can't complain too much!! (I have a bunch of imported guns which are marked much less obtrusively).

Just to sweeten the pot, a friend recently gave me 900 rds of 9mm that he wanted to get rid of because it had gotten "too old"!! So I'll have plenty of range fodder. Plus I reload, and have a few thousand rounds laying around anyway.

I'll let you guys know haow things work out when it comes in!!

Best Regards, Les
Way to go! Drink the Kool Aid!

Make sure you give it a close inspection. If the condition is not up to snuff, send it back and make them send you another. My LGS had two and I took the one that was in noticeably better condition.
The Following User Likes This Post: