View Single Post

Old 07-25-2018, 11:07 AM

Liked 4,918 Times in 1,706 Posts

FBI loads...no...

Friend on Dallas PD who is now a deputy chief was involved in a shooting with some robbery suspects back about 1980. Fired two rounds at the windshield of the suspect vehicle as it closed on him putting both rounds right in front of the driver...both bounced off. He stepped aside and fired three rounds at the drivers door unfortunately hitting the door not the window..distance probably 3'...left three dents in the door... A few days later he switched to a 6.5" Model 27-2 with real .357s on board.

Friend and I were at the DPD range practicing about 1981. I had a .38 Super and my friend a Browning HP 9mm. There was a stand on the corner USPS Mail Box that had seen better days so we added two more rounds to the box... Both were lead TC ammo not overly warm...both went through both sides of the box. A friend, who just retired last year, showed up with his city issue 64 and city issue FBI load... We showed him our holes and he decided to try...at the shot I stated laughing...exact quote.."why are you laughing...you are always laughing at my city issue.." I said..."Because your bullet is stuck in the side of the mail box"... "It is not"...but upon inspection it was... He backed off and tried again putting another round right next to the first...with the same results... He showed up a few days later with a 27-2 6.5" with real .357 ammo...

In 1972 I was working for US Customs in Houston. One of the guys I met had a son who was with Houston PD. The son was a rookie during the 68 riots and had a gunfight with two guys hiding behind a stand on the corner USPD mail box... He was across the street behind a telephone pole. He emptied his .38 revolver at the pair and as he was reloading a car came and picked up the two shooters. A few days later he was able to inspect the box and there were 5 dents in the side...he went out and bought a 57 6" nickel.... Not sure if this was the FBI load or just RN...would have made no difference anyway.

Bob

Last edited by SuperMan; 07-26-2018 at 04:04 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: