Thread: Point shooting
View Single Post

Old 07-28-2018, 09:22 AM
Banned

Liked 72 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Arkansawyer View Post
Considering that most self defense shootings happen at a short distance, does anyone but me practice point shooting? I see lots of targets posted shot at X yards with all in the 10 ring and I do see some benefit for shooting fixed targets, but probably not happening in the world for self defense. I try to point shoot everything from milk cartons to home made cardboard figures. It helps that I live in the country with no close neighbors. Just wondering.
I think it's a great idea and commend you for it! I have been in a couple of real gun fights and point and shoot is the only way out.

In a real gun fight , not an internet fantasized one, the fight will only last only seconds and on average only 3 rounds will be fired. Forget about those useless and over priced night sights because you are never going to see them. Forget about that special two hand grip you will be damn lucky to get one hand on your gun and get it out of your holster and if your using a ankle holster you a dead duck where you stand.

My system of teaching "Point and Shoot" was spot an object, I used one gallon plastic jugs filled with water, then close your eyes and draw and fire. You will be surprised how good you get after a few weeks of doing it. Guns are tools to kill with and not toys to be fantasized about on internet forums!
The Following 3 Users Like Post: