View Single Post

Old 07-28-2018, 02:38 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbuzz View Post
Thanks for the picture of your M&P Compact 1.0. That pretty much confirms my idea that the 1.0 with the X-grip is about the same size as the new 3.6" 2.0.
I have a slightly different setup but I think the dimensions are the same. I am using the 1.0 with the full size magazine and the X-grip sleeve as in the picture below, so basically I have the same capacity as a full size gun but with the shorter barrel. Plus I have the Crimson Trace laser grips on mine which is a nice extra which I don't believe is available on the 2.0.
As much as I would like to get the 2.0, I'll probably buy something that is not so similar to something like I already have. There's a lot to choose from out there.
Actually, the 1.0 Compact with the X-Grip is about 5.5" tall whereas the 2.0 Compacts are 5.0" tall. However, the 1.0 with the pinky extension (for the 12 round mag) is about 5.0" when measured from the front bottom end. I've included an image to show you what I mean.

Also, anyone who is thinking about buying the new 3.6" (or any other M&P, except for the Shield), Smith & Wesson is running a $50 Rebate program this Summer. Here are the details (I just bought another 3.6" and submitted my rebate form):

Smith and Wesson is offering a $50 rebate for M&P Purchases (excluding the Shield) made from June 29, 2018 through September 2, 2018.

Here's a link to the Promotion:

2018 Summer Savings Promotion | Smith & Wesson

Here's a link to the Rebate Submission Form:

https://www.smithandwessonrebates.com/#/home

Enjoy!
The Following User Likes This Post: