View Single Post

Old 07-30-2018, 12:43 PM

Liked 9,314 Times in 3,723 Posts

Our military friends are familiar with the Good Idea Fairy. Sadly, a lot of LE "managers" (they are not leaders, and are often not even good managers; they just rose to the top of the septic tank by floating above the other chunks of excrement through various means) have spent far too much time with the Good Idea Fairy and a variety of hallucinogens. I have seen some really appalling stuff done and said.

A real fun time when looking at policies is to ask what research and validation was done when developing said policies, especially legal research. It's a good way to have dead silence and be stared at as if something is growing out of your forehead. A friend of mine just did that in a meeting regarding a use of force issue. It ended right then, because not one command officer present had a clue.

Skylining that LEO on the plane should be a discipline issue. Heck, when my county adopted ID badges years ago (when I worked there before), every attorney in the office pointed it was unsafe and created liability because it showed which people were worth targeting. That concept had not occurred to a single person involved. My boss exempted us as we are part of a separate elected office.