View Single Post

Old 08-02-2018, 03:34 PM

Liked 197 Times in 119 Posts
Default Primary Arms / Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabred View Post
I have an old Primary Arms red dot on it. I've never really tried to run any magnification on it. If I shot farther, I wouldn't be opposed to it.
I totally agree with your choice for sights. I have the primary arms red dot on mine too. For what a .22 LR is capable of the red dot
allows fast on target and I've found the PA sight very accurate.
Now if I was shooting at mice heads off a ways__a scope may do well.
But, here on the Sonoran Desert I'll leave the mice to the coyotes.
One of their main dishes.
I wouldn't object to a regular reflex but the PA sight has better protection against bumps.
For those who prefer a scope__I'm perfectly alright with that too.
One of my reflex sights ( Shield RMS) on my Shield has a feature I like and would work well with these rifles too__ zero once and leave it on constantly. (There are no buttons) The battery will last two to three years. Worried about battery dying when out shooting? Just change batteries once a year. They're inexpensive and the Shield has a drawer that comes out the side for changing
batteries.
I have the Romeo 1 on my P320. I'm leaving it on constantly too.
Since the dot goes off when there's no motion and comes back on
instantly when you move the pistol___I'm seeing how long the battery lasts. (Not suggested by Sig but....giving it a go )
As more and more are discovering and actually using these red dot sights___ It won't be long before they become common ___ and maybe less $$$?
Stay safe
Poli Viejo