View Single Post

Old 08-07-2018, 12:29 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 38,387 Times in 11,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandyrandy View Post
The only grips that I found to be as close to perfect as possible for the S&W J frame is the pachmayr compact grips. No one likes them because they are the heaviest of the grip options and everyone thinks they are ugly. I could care less about that and I care more about shooting the gun reliable and accurately than what the guns looks like. All other grips are terrible for shooting. Everyone likes the original little bitty S&W and Charter Arms magna grips. They look pretty and the conceal very well but they suck for shooting accurately and they kill your hand after a lot of rounds. I agree Charter Arms has better grips than what is offered for the S&W. Charter makes a sweet set of wood grips the are a little bigger than the magnas but a little smaller and lighter than the pachmayr's. They are as close to perfect as you get.
I've carried Pachmayr Compacs daily for eighteen years. I love them.

Yes, they weigh four ounces. Yes, they are bigger than boot grips. But they are not hard to conceal, and make a huge difference in control and comfort when shooting .38 Special +P.