Thread: Saw a Nice 28-2
View Single Post

Old 08-07-2018, 05:23 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,888 Times in 2,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwpmusic View Post
Great, really great. I don't know why I wanted a Mod 28 more than most Smiths but I did. Took me a long time to find one I really wanted and I snagged it a couple of years ago. Something about holding that N frame. You know you've got a revolver in your hand and not a toy. What a gun. Stiff trigger but I'm told it was made that way purposely. Anyway, the way it is is the way it stays. Happy for you. You'll love it. Definitely the epitome of a Smith & Wesson revolver, or I think it is.
Thanks. I'm excited. Funny how the excitement of a "new gun" never gets old. I've been holding the thing since I got it home. It is a beast! I took some pics but they suck. The gun doesn't look anywhere near what it should. Me taking the pic blocks out the light from above and there's a shadow. I'll try again tomorrow. It's raining here now but a cloudy day would give better light.

It looks pretty much like Kalamazoo's but he has Target stocks and mine has Magna's. No color on the front sight which kind of surprised me. Serrated trigger. Looks like case hardened hammer and trigger. No carbon ring on front of cylinder. Barely a turn ring, and most of that is probably from me. When I was picking it up there was a guy there checking out a pretty mint Model 29. He saw what I had and said he had 5 N frames, 3 model 27's and 2 model 28's. Said he had never seen one as clean. I stepped outside while the check was being done to make a phone call and when I came back the owner said if I ever tire of it to let him know and he would buy it back.. I'm pretty sure the other customer told the owner to call him if I ever sold it back. I got it for $425. $455 after tax and PICS check.

Any idea as to DOB?

Last edited by kbm6893; 08-07-2018 at 05:33 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: