View Single Post

Old 08-07-2018, 11:56 PM

Liked 4,807 Times in 1,042 Posts

In 1975, the president of France visited Houston, Tx and stayed at a private residence that backed up to a golf course in a very affluent part of the city. As an HPD officer I was offered PAID OVERTIME, unheard of at that time, to guard the president. I was stationed on the perimeter of the golf course and about 0300 the fog rolled in. You could not see 20 feet in front of you. At that point the DS officers got very nervous and joined us on the perimeter. These officers were plain clothes people and the one with me was a gun guy and we got to talking about duty weapons. He stated he was carrying an issue S&W m 19 with a 2 1/2 " barrel and when he inquired as to what I was carrying, I replied a S&W M57 with two extra speed loaders. I don't recall his name but he stated to me that he wished he could carry something that big and bad. He was a decent guy for a FED and we had a nice conversation. At 0700, I went home and the president of France slept well. Everyone was happy, especially me, with the nice overtime check.
The Following User Likes This Post: