View Single Post

Old 08-15-2018, 05:45 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
This is an interesting and informative discussion. As per the S&W usual, we end up getting piles of information that only further muddies the situation. Even still, interesting and entertaining to ponder.

TTSH, you simply must know your answer, yes? In the event that you don't, I'll spell it out for you:

There exists absolutely nobody that is going to definitively answer your .40cal ban/pre-ban question. For damn sure, nobody that works for the State of Massachusetts and perhaps even more surely, nobody at S&W.

The way I see it, you have two choices...

You can use all your posts here as an affirmative defense that you did your due diligence and well beyond, or you can rid yourself of every 11-round S&W .40cal magazine you own.

I'll spare you the best answer that you've already heard a million times even though we both know it's the only right answer.
Not like you to go resurrecting zombie threads... ... although I guess this one only qualifies as a semi-zombie thread!

Anyway, of all the worrisome and stressful things that keep me up at night (and believe me, there are many!), this isn't one of them. I'm totally comfortable with this earlier statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
As for me, I'll continue to stay on the safe side and stick with my considerable stash of yellow follower non-AccuGuide-marked 11-round magazines.
Does that mean I am 100% safe in this specific regard? Of course not. Nobody is 100% safe from our nutty anti-2A AG lady. If you own a gun, you are her enemy. Since I own a pre-7/20/2016 AR, I am also a "felon-in-waiting" according to her. You get used to it.

As an aside, as it turns out, I now own a fairly good supply of 4006 10-round magazines in addition to the old yellow follower, non-AccuGuide-marked 11-rounders mentioned above. In fact, I own a bunch of 10-rounders for all my hi-cap-capable S&W all-metal pistols. The day may come when a new law outlaws even pre-bans in my crazy state. My investment is too large at this point not to be ready for anything that could come along someday before I kick the bucket.

Bottom line: You learn to live with oppression. You learn to survive behind enemy lines. I'd say I'm pretty darn knowledgeable & careful in terms of obeying our MA moonbat laws. I've spent a lot of time studying and dealing with our laws. Doesn't mean I won't die in a Massachusetts prison someday... ... but (and with apologies to Crocodile Dundee), at least in this one regard, I'd say my chances are better than average.

Last edited by TTSH; 08-15-2018 at 05:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: