Thread: M&p 10 problem
View Single Post

Old 08-19-2018, 04:29 PM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledge View Post
Lube the bolt to almost dripping wet. I use Mobil 1 or some other synthetic auto oil, no need for high price gun oils. If that doesn't help, I would send it back to SW-- before spending a lot of money and wasting time, ammo and frustration. I forgot to mention-- lube it up, however don't get excessive oil in the chamber of the barrel. As the parts get broken in and mated up. less oil on the bolt should be needed.
I already have different brands of gun oil. Several brands, including balistol, break free CLP, hoppes and a synthetic brand (can’t remember the name) that I bought from the afore mentioned gunsmith shop. Are you saying I should use mobile one even though I already have all this gun oil? What type? 5 w 30 or does it matter? As far as oil in the chamber, how would you suggest avoiding that? Every tutorial I watched, read and even the gunsmith told me that the bolt lugs have to be oiled as well as the part of the upper where there’s friction between the outer part of the chamber (where the bolt sits) and the bolt. It seems that alone ends up making the chamber fairly wet... and I do oil it up quite a bit. I wouldn’t say it’s dripping but it’s pretty darn soaked.

Also, what about the brass shavings. Is that normal? If not, could there be some kind of burr in the chamber or chamber of the barrel? Could this be causing the failure to feed/stove piping? Thanks for the reply.
The Following User Likes This Post: