View Single Post

Old 08-19-2018, 06:41 PM

Liked 1,923 Times in 956 Posts

Quote: I don't nickel and dime people. Some buyers even when they are offered a great amazing price for a good gun just have to squeeze the rock and haggle. When you see the best of the best and the price is reasonable, hopefully not full retail buy on the spot. If you have the money this is my suggestion when something special comes up. How many times have you heard, "I let that one go if only" or "I waited too long and someone scooped it up underneath me". The ones that got away. The dealers who get the best guns do so from happy customers and in turn sell to those that make the buying cycle easy. The coolest of collectors with the best stuff more times than not sell to friends and more times than not are not doing so at retail.Unquote/

Great advice and wisdom.Some folks insist on haggling,even if it's a bargain,even the seller knows its a bargain as well.A circuit in their brain insists on getting something off and that need can overshadow everything else.They must have that satisfaction that they saved a few bucks or broke the seller down.(The flip side of that coin is an auction setting where the most important high for some folks, is denying another bidder from getting it) It can all get twisted.
When a dealer has a nice gun that he's willing to move along at a fair price, who is he going to call? The decent no bs "I'll take it" guy, or the guy that he knows will engage him in an awkward dance that he doesn't want to do.
The Following 14 Users Like Post: