Thread: M&p 10 problem
View Single Post

Old 08-21-2018, 04:13 PM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noro View Post
Smithwessonshooter,

Best thing you can do at this point is send it back to Smith and Wesson Its brand new and under warranty, so save yourself a
lot of aggravation. Of course, its your rifle, and you can do what you want.

My point is why throw parts at it and try to fix it at your expense?
Clearly something isn't right with it. Based on what you're saying,
you've done all the right things. Clearly, the problem is in the rifle.

Now I have a MP15 Sport 11. After 1500 rounds, it started to
short stroke. Jamming, not picking up fresh rounds, etc. The
bolt wasn't being blown back far enough to pick up the next fresh round. Happened with any magazine, and any factory ammo I used (PMC, Federal, Winchester.) Problem is definitely
in the gas system.

I could throw a new bolt in it, or new gas rings, but why should I pay for a new $80.00 (roughly) bolt while its under warranty?
S&W sent a ticket to get it returned, and that's where its at right now. Your rifle, your choice. If you check out all the
things which might cause your problems, and cant resolve it, a trip to S&W might be in your best interests.
That’s about where I am at at this point. The ONLY things that have kept me from doing it was the fact that the S&w guy told me to break it in then call if it’s still giving trouble (after telling me to send it in originally then changed to break it in after I told him I haven’t broken it in yet) and someone else who claims to own one said that after 1000 rounds it worked fine with any ammo. So, I’m worried if it IS just a matter of breaking it in, sending it to S&w would be a waste of time because I’m going to have the same issues when I get it back, either because I’ll be breaking in a brand new rifle OR I’ll be CONTINUING to break in the old one. Breaking it in fully probably isn’t something I’ll be able to do quickly. Considering the cost of ammo and range time, it’s going to take a year at least to get to 1000 rounds. I’m probably going to send it in.

Last edited by Smthwssonshootr; 08-21-2018 at 04:15 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: