View Single Post

Old 08-22-2018, 06:39 AM

Liked 9,471 Times in 4,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execpro View Post
I always take off the grips and spray Rem oil inside the works. I use snap caps and fire in all directions (upside down, bbl up, bbl down ect.). Always check to be sure all screws are snug (Have found some lose on a few Guns) and Rem oil the grip frame before reinstalling grip.
Wipe off excess oil that comes out from cracks,trigger frame area ect.. it takes a couple days for all excess oil to drain but Rem oil with Teflon works into all areas and won’t leave a heavy film like CLP. JMO
I use CLP on pistol lubrication points because it won’t evaporate or go away with heat from shooting like Rem Oil (A great product).

Good idea to shoot a few rounds to see what else may develop or your problem may go away.
I had to send in a new 360J before shooting it. S&W returned it in a week with the problem corrected. I feel the pain!

Be SAFE and shoot often!
That's encouraging that the turnaround was so fast.

I'll give the Rem Oil drenching idea a shot when I get back home. I'd still like to hit it with compressed air first just to see if I can blow out whatever might be blocking the action.