Thread: M&p 10 problem
View Single Post

Old 08-23-2018, 12:48 AM

Liked 75 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smthwssonshootr View Post
How would one go about increasing the port size? I’m no gun smith so it’s probably not something I’d do myself.

You say if they test it and it works they’re done. What about the brass shavings though? No one has really responded to that except to say it could be a burr in the chamber or magazine... in which case I’d think that’s something they’d fix. Can I expect them to look at it through (I can’t think of what the proper name for them is at the moment) one of those barrel cameras?

The gun you said you increased the port size on, is it an M&p 10?

If I send it back, I’m thinking I may send it without cleaning it so they can see the brass shavings and I’ll send a letter with it explaining it does it with certain (brass cased FMJ) ammo after a few successful round of mags.. maybe even sending it still dirty from the range will cause the malfunction to occur. It did so with me at the range the other day. After 3 successful mags (all soft point ammo, 2 mags of remington core lokt and one of Winchester soft point) I loaded it with perfecta, the first round was fine then when I fired the second, the third one didn’t chamber but the trigger reset and the spent casing was ejected, after that I went BACK to the remington that worked before with mixed results when before it worked flawlessly.

Sorry this is long winded... just want to be thorough
A good quality #49 drill was all I used, nothing special, just don't go all the way through and score the other side of the bore.

yes, this was my mp10, and it has been back to mothership twice, how I know! yet I will caution you that some cheap ammo may not be very accurate in the gun.

I think most the brass whiskers come from the rounds hitting the lock lugs on the way into the chamber. mine leaves distinct scratches on the case neck, yet I do not worry about this at all.

put a drop of oil in each hole in the bolt and a few on the slides each shoot. let it run wet. mobile 1 works a treat!