View Single Post

Old 08-23-2018, 12:55 AM

Liked 5,780 Times in 625 Posts

You are more than welcome to come visit California for a hands on inspection. I would have been happy to post larger magnified shots, but this is turning into ego when it should be about the gun not interpretation of condition. I made this post in hope of giving enjoyment to the forum community and sharing information with younger collector members interested in learning about prewar firearms. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we are going to get there.

You have the right to your opinion as is the case with other members. You posted a position referring to condition. Others including one of my earlier posts responded accordingly with an alternate point of view. Respectfully and I really mean this respectfully with no hidden intent, if you are personally offended by someone's opinion and the comments are within the range of acceptable within the forum rules, my suggestion - take a deep breath,relax and let it go.

Maybe someone wants to talk about the sight insert. Did all guns come this way? Were all the envelopes for sight inserts numbered to the gun like this one? What is a tube and why does this gun have one? Where is the SN on the box located? How do I know this box is original to the gun and not a replacement? Who was the original owner? How does one determine a prewar RM screwdriver? How do we know the Cert is original and not a fake? Are there any items missing from the picture needed to make this a complete package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collects View Post
Really?

Disingenuous?

I state my opinion, based upon my own knowledge and experience with Smith & Wesson revolvers, and I am disingenuous?

I am offended at your remark.

Could the OP please post a close up photo, or two, of the stocks? I see wear patterns. Others think I am disingenuous.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: