View Single Post

Old 08-23-2018, 08:03 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99bob View Post
I agree with not shooting it. I had a problem out of the box with a N frame. I also had a couple encourage me to shoot it before sending it back, but I restrained myself. I believe that you should not shoot any firearm that is known to have a problem. First, you don't know what could happen. Second, it's not going to fix it, but probably make it worse. Worse usually means more expensive. Not an issue assuming the warranty is in good standing, but if you know it's not working right and it explodes(extremely unlikely), who's to blame? The manufacturer? or the person person shooting it knowing it wasn't working right? If your car engine makes a noise do you drive your car? I realize some people do That's like saying I want to be stuck on the side of the road, waiting on a tow truck, leaving my life in the hands of people whizzing by. I think I'll take the car that sounds like ****.
Well, the car analogy is a good one, but I don't think this buggy 442-1 will leave me stuck on the side of the road. That's good because there isn't an AAA for gun breakdowns.

But in all seriousness, I see nothing unusually dangerous about attempting to shoot this gun. I see nothing to lose and possibly something to gain if the problem works itself out. Something is intermittently stopping the trigger from moving. If I can figure out what that is and eliminate it, I've saved a lot of trouble and the risks associated with mailing the gun in.

Let's see what happens and take it from there.