View Single Post

Old 08-28-2018, 04:25 AM

Liked 7,749 Times in 2,127 Posts

When the OP first put this up I had no idea which holster was being spoken of; that is, I know the design well but didn't know it was being discussed here because there is more than one ALS. But now that I see the picture from TxShooter I have to say . . .

. . . that this article roundly condemns the holster under discussion, and in so doing only confirms what I knew after news reports brought it to my awareness, and calls it 'big, unreliable until you modify it and almost dangerous when you get the tactical light version.' with, for example, any/all striker pistols.

Gear Review Safariland 6378 ALS Retention Holster - The Truth About Guns

So many accidents have occurred with this holster already, both in USA and Australia, that it is unfathomable that Safariland's people ever let this one get out of the stable; real holsters for police officers are 'safety equipment' and this one does not add safety, it removes it (not only access to the trigger but note the discussion in the article about the thumb safety). It's as if the company now makes 'stuff' vs. 'holsters'.

Last edited by rednichols; 08-28-2018 at 04:28 AM.