Thread: Model 52 loads
View Single Post

Old 09-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff423 View Post
Get a Lee Factory Crimp Die: Lee Precision, Inc. Reloading Tools and Equipment: Lee Crimping Dies
Scroll to the pistol section in the middle of the page. Use it last and I think it will eliminate all your bluge problems. It "post sizes" the loaded cartridge and will put a slight roll crimp over the top of the bullet. I seat in the next to last step/stage and then use the FCD to "post size" and crimp. I have been using 2.7 gr of Bullseye, 148 gr DEWC's seated flush and the Lee FCD and have not had an ejection problem since I got the FCD. (More than 2 years)

Jeff
DITTO on the Lee FCD...
The only problem I've ever had with my Model 52 was when some 38 +P cases got mixed in with 38Spl cases. HBWC bullets then caused slight swelling/budge preventing the gun going to battery. I no longer use the +P cases in my M52 and always finish each rnd thru a LEE FCD.
FYI- I have no financial interest in push Lee kit but have found it most suitable for all my pistol cal reloading as can swop cals in seconds using both 3 & 4 hole turrets but still use some Lyman and RCBS kit.
Take Care...