View Single Post

Old 09-05-2018, 05:46 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

I've been banking a 3904 slide to experiment on a 39-2 or 559 (with a fixed front sight) ... just because of the dove tail sights on the 3904.

I did a 39-2 with Miillet sights, just two. They were a P.I.T.A. (and I still have the tools). Had to mill off the front sight, pin and stake the front target sight, then the rear was just a 90 degree turn out the old one and in with the Millet rear target sight. On one, I got away without refinishing a blue slide, but the nickel needed to be refinished when done, with the sight staked in after the refinish.

I really love the old Millets white outline rear and red, slight T shaped exclamation point type front.

I still have a 39-2 Millet set up. Fully loaded slide (all the internal components) with the matched (to the slide) barrel, just in case someone needs.;

My eyes just take so well to the Millet rear sing and front orange sight. The white outline rear is like the horizon gauge on a plane, so easy to pick up and take and exact bead on the target.

I get them all in the same area with 3 dot sights but I just don't like 3 dots. I can pull a nice tight group with the WOL rear and red front, instead of "Just in there somewhere close".

I haven't had time to play with it yet. Will the 3904 slide work on the 539, 639, 459 559, 659 or 39-2s ?

Last edited by model3sw; 09-05-2018 at 05:49 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: