Thread: PRESSES
View Single Post

Old 09-09-2018, 06:47 AM

Liked 7,088 Times in 3,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAINSMITH View Post
I posted this is to let everyone know that most of the other manufacturers have just as good of a warranty as Dillon.
You know....I've been reloading since way before Dillon. Before He came out with his reloading tools and before he adopted the no BS customer service model. Way before. Used RCBS equipment...Pacific,Lyman, Bonanza CH and many others. There was no warranty like Dillon's back then but you knew if ya broke something you would have to pay something for repair parts etc. There was no email/internet or even toll free calling way back then. But quite often you actually got to talk to the boss...or maybe the boss's son. if you did make a toll call. Sometimes you were taken care of for free..mostly not. Mike Dillon changed the Industry to what we have now. As the previous poster said..heck I boneheaded stuff too. and usually paid unless it was really stupid so I could be held up as an example(LOL). Not knocking that fact...just pointing it out...The real no BS policies truly started with Dillon. As was also pointed out Some companies are pretty good on their CS. Others not so much. Lifetime warranties?? Break a part for a discontinued press or whatever. Your lifetime or the machines? I did get great service from Fred Huntingdon way back in the early 60s. Made me a die for my mostly complete bullet swage set. The charge was minimal too...but I did expect to pay for it..We are honestly spoiled in the manner which CS has evolved. We surely can say that Customer Service in the reloading industry is absolutely the best. It would be great if it was universal with all companies for all their stuff.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: