View Single Post

Old 09-13-2018, 10:44 PM

Liked 144 Times in 93 Posts

I started my shooting hobby up a couple of years ago after a long while.
Always had paid attention to this sort of debate over the years but didn't intend to CC so it wasn't a practical matter.
However I did keep a firearm for home protection and also kept a pistol at my place of business.
Over the last several years I've collected a few guns that interested me and several of them are in .380 cal.
Its a great round.
Mine have a barrel length of between 2"and 3.75".
I practice with them.
2 are mil. surp. and the other is a modern pocket gun.
I'm on paper at 25 yards and at closer distances in 6 rapid fired rounds, its center mass all the way.
Took a CCW qualification class the other day and the instructor hadn't seen a CZ83 before . I can squeeze 14 rounds into that thing 13 +1 and the instructor wasn't poo poo ing it after he saw what it could do.
From my point of view thinking a .380 can't be accurate or lethal is kinda silly.
Not to insult anyones opinion and respect to all concerned.
I would rather be carrying my CZ 83 than the pocket gun, but I can carry that pocket gun anywhere, where as a larger pistol has serious concealment limitations.
One thing brought home by my CC class is that anytime you resort to deploying a fire arm your on the precipice of legal problems that could continue for a very long time .
So safety first !
The Following 2 Users Like Post: