View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 09:32 PM

Liked 149 Times in 43 Posts
Default Model 60 Cylinder to Forcing Cone Question

I recently picked up a model 60 with an improperly fitted(probably not fitted) yoke screw installed. Thanks to those that helped in guiding me in the ways of fitting it. Upon further inspection I noticed the the outer part of the cylinder on a charge hole made the slightest contact with the forcing cone. Of course me being a novice(I consider myself more skillful than bubba), I jumped to the conclusion I had end shake or end play. I've spent some time detail stripping the cylinder and ejector assembly and found nothing out of the ordinary. I reassembled it and checked again. Sense my feeler gauges are cheap the thinnest I have is .008 and it slides in tight on every charge hole. Two are snugger than the rest. The two snug ones are the two charge holes in question. The .008 FG doesn't fit in any gap with pressure applied to the cylinder. I inspect each charge hole and find that two of them just barely come into contact with the FC and I mean barely. To the point I think I see light, but I know that's just me. It is touching, IMHO. Just on the top if looking at it from the side, just under the top strap. The bottom of the charge hole is close, but light still passes through. This is only when I pull forward on the cylinder. I plan to shopping for better feeler gauges, but I doubt this is a seriou end play issue. Am I correct? I scratch my head because it's only two charge holes.

Edit to add: Model 60 no dash. Circa 1979-80.

Last edited by 99bob; 09-14-2018 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Model info