View Single Post

Old 09-17-2018, 09:32 AM

Liked 14,863 Times in 5,053 Posts

I gotta be honest...
I've read your post three times and I really can't figure out what the question is. Suppose I'll just answer what seem like the questions you asked...

Are these French LE re-import guns worth about $300 by the time they are in your hands? Well... I'd say yes, assuming the timing is good and the barrel isn't bulged. However, I have handled and shot Model 10's with bulged barrels and they still shoot plated/jacketed very well despite the bulge.

The real value in a beat-up, ugly, finish-wrecked Model 10 that shoots well is that you can do ANYTHING with it and lose no sleep. You can let friends borrow it, you can Mexican carry it with no worries of scratches, you can place it anywhere no matter if it gets knocked around. There are literally millions of these and if yours is a beater that shoots well, it's a joy to have.

Maybe you can sell one in the future...?
Sure, possibly, but if that is part of your game plan, it's a lousy plan. You won't get value out of it, especially when professional dealers continue to offer LE turn-ins, you won't get much money for one. It's better off to be kept and used.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: