View Single Post

Old 09-17-2018, 05:11 PM
US Veteran

Liked 18,585 Times in 5,088 Posts
Default Resurrected!

I'm not usually one who breathes life into a zombie, but I'm curious.

Several 2007 Baby Chiefs threads mention the scarcity of 3" models, and this 2011 thread identifies and discusses only five known 3" Baby Chiefs. Six years later I obtained a sixth one (not counting the 11 two-digit serial numbered ones Lee identifies as having gone to Brazil in 1951).

Can it still be true that we don't know of more?

The six in my data base are blue, yet one 2007 thread lists a nickel 3" Baby Chiefs as one available back in the day. Where is it (or are they)?

To condense my data base and not force you to go ferret these out of the thread, here are the ones I show:

45962 (bmg60 reports owning it in this thread)
42865 (Hondo44 reports in this thread seeing it on a GunsAmerica auction back in 2011)
42829 (I bought this from Lee; he reported it in this thread)
38284 (Lee reports it in his first post in this thread)
305XX (Lee reports it in this thread as the lowest known sn at the time)
30375 (the rusty one I bought in December 2017) shipped July '53 ( Rusty, etched 3" Baby Chiefs -- hammer down - range day at post #55 )

I'm ringing the bell to find out if anyone has seen more and is willing to help those of us who track such things add them to the current knowledge base.

Resurrecting this thread came to mind because I showed both of mine at the Laramie gun show last weekend. Several knowledgeable folks told me they had never known a 3" Baby existed.

Cheers,

Bob

Last edited by two-bit cowboy; 01-15-2019 at 10:57 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: