View Single Post

Old 09-18-2018, 06:47 AM

Liked 15,517 Times in 6,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABPOS View Post
To give people an idea of what to look for when shopping around. Seems like a lot of people like to know, mainly if it's going to be a gun they carry.

I'm not sure why there is such an opposition to this with some of you guys. I mean people rave about their titanium / scandium frame revolvers and how much they like carrying them. And/ or their airweight. And a few ounces seem to matter a lot to some people.

It's not necessarily about how heavy they feel when shooting. Although if someone was interested in that, more power to them. Recoil is affected by weight. Balance is affected by weight and distribution of it.

And to be transparent even further, doing this is just another thing to keep my mind off of things.

But seriously, I would think the more info the better. There is a lot of really good info on this site, and I thought adding data would be a good thing. Some people may appreciate it. I'm not sure why there is questions about adding a source of extra info about these fine revolvers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer1911 View Post
The bar has been raised higher on the statistics wall of non-information. Will we be seeing a table of "averages" and "Standard Deviation" ? Time at the range will now resume.

But how are you going to calculate the weight variance between loaded and unloaded??.

Does the revolver hold 5 or 6 rounds?. What about the newer 8 round round or a 10 round 22lr,

Then of course one must calculate the weight of the projectiles. Large weight difference between a 125 and 158 grain bullet in a 38 special or 357 mag times 5 or times 6.
Powder charge weight??

Altitude and humidity when samples are weight? Is there a control "unit" Sample size?

Have the scales been calibrated with check weights??

What about polymer guns?

Last edited by Rule3; 09-18-2018 at 06:50 AM.