View Single Post

Old 09-18-2018, 10:42 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

The 870 Express doesn't get much love here it seems. There are only about 3 parts that are different on it than what are on a Police model. They can be upgraded for about $35. They take a little longer to get broke in because the parts aren't polished but firing a few hundred rounds will generally fix that. And the finish can be made to prevent rust if you know how. I have one I trust completely.

I have a second riot gun. It's almost a clone of the 870. It's a NEF Pardner Protector. It's a Norinco copy of the 870 except the barrel lug is in a different spot. You can swap parts with an 870 except for barrels. That gun is very nearly as good as the 870. It's a little heavier which some might think is a good thing. It functions perfectly.

I keep 00 buck in one of the two and slugs in the other. I live where there are a good number of black bears and they tend to want to threaten me when I cook on the grill. So I keep the shotgun with slugs handy just in case. It's never gotten past lip smacking threats but they sure do want what I'm fixing and they will try to scare me away from it.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: