View Single Post

Old 09-21-2018, 02:16 PM

Liked 594 Times in 290 Posts

[quote=one eye joe;136577250]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoman44 View Post
I was wondering about those other 2.5" product codes. Unfortunately, in a moment of idiocy, I threw away all of my old S&W catalogs a few years back so I can't check and confirm.

My gun dates to November 1984 and does ~not~ have the white outline rear sight blade. Unfortunately, my gun didn't come with the factory box.

Did all of the no dash 2.5" guns come with Combats ?

Mine did, Photoman. I love their tacticool appearance, but no brand of finger grooves have ever fit my hand. I sold the ones that came on my 686 (pictured below) and replaced them with Magna PC grips and a Tyler-T adapter. This works better for me. While the no dash was away for the M recall, I had S&W swap the cylinder for a 7 shot. IMHO, it's a great carry weapon now...
I had to bring this thread back, there is so much to read!! I am dying to get my hands on a 686 no dash through -4 snubbie. They are so beautiful! I have to say, in my opinion you made a great choice. I thought I would like the combat grips, but after seeing a snub with them, I realized the are wider than I thought and I don't like them. I would keep them for value's sake, but I'd put old school magnas on mine too! That is so cool looking. I have seen a picture of a Lew Horton one that appears as though magnas came in it, but maybe they were changed. It had the box and everything and no sign of the combat grips so who knows. I have seen a few pictures of 686 pre-lock snubs with these grips, and I can never see enough of them. I saw one at a gun show, don't know if LH or not, but it came with magna grips stock. Such an awesome gun, but I didn't have 1,200 bucks to buy it unfortunately. If I did, I'd have snagged it in a heartbeat. Nice gun, very nice!