Thread: 460 vs 500
View Single Post

Old 09-21-2018, 02:48 PM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoepc View Post
I reload mine but here's a link to Matt's Bullet's who makes a pretty good selection of rounds. He even sells a sample pack!!

500 S&W : Matts Bullets Ammunition
I did have a look at that and it has some interesting rounds but I am looking at using pump action carbine for hunting to I think a lot of people still want the 600gn - 700gn in a carbine for flat-out knock down and then maybe a 325gn etc for their secondary backup as a lot of people match up like that when hiking in for a hunt etc and its the best "dont surprise me and then get all butt hurt coz I shot a hole in you the size of Texas" carry.

Having said that Im also making a 460SW pump so with both of those to come to market in these fabulous calibers I wanted people to have a choice of some amazing bullets to go with their amazing equipment and started to to @Fort Scott Munitions for their tumbling technology for 100% energy transfer in many cases although I suspect a 600-700gn may go through quite a lot of think skinned animals.

These are going to be some fun with the biggest of the bangers out there!
Fort Scott Munitions .4565 300grain Handgun Projectile

Last edited by OutlanderFirearms; 09-21-2018 at 03:06 PM. Reason: My brain has forgotten spelling....