View Single Post

Old 09-21-2018, 08:11 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 8,969 Times in 3,560 Posts

Thanks folks for all of the tips. As some additional info from me, the one I am looking at (which could be gone tomorrow) is a 2 door Sahara, V6 with a 6 speed manual transmission.

I have a 10 cylinder 2003 Excursion that is my casual driver and boat hauler (no commuting) and a 2016 Ford High Cube Van (14' box truck) that I do my daily construction business out of. Also have a 2003 HD 883 Sportster in Gun Metal Blue when the spirit moves me.

This is really a second mid life or at 68 maybe a 2/3's life crisis purchase. Heck, I paid close to $10,000 for a 2007 Polaris 500 EFI ATV with a plow so the 2007 JEEP is just an ATV that I can drive on the road.

I have a cabin in Maine and we built one at my gun club 3 years ago that sits on 80 acres with some neat logging roads.

So this will really just be a toy and I really do love manual transmissions. As long as you aren't stuck in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic, shifting gears can be fun.

The JEEP is at a dealership 82 miles away so not sure how that will work. Have to drive down to see it first, apply for a loan and then I guess if approved, go back at some point get a ride with a friend to pick it up.
LM #497
The Following 2 Users Like Post: