View Single Post

Old 09-22-2018, 09:07 PM

Liked 15,520 Times in 6,804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
Special note about Power Pistol that is worth sharing...
Power Pistol was specifically designed or perhaps more accurately stated-- it was marketed toward competition shooters running compensated pistols. Power Pistol creates top-end gas and blast, making great use of comp'd pistols.

Why that may matter for the rest of us is because Power Pistol is loud, flashy as hell, snappy and makes a genuine BLAST compared to others powders in the same range.

I've had lots of fantastic use from Power Pistol over the years... in 10mm, .40 S&W and most recently I have rolled thousands of rounds of absolute top-end .38 Special, much needed to run my Coonan with it's accessory 10-pound spring. The Coonan, with this spring, doesn't care for any .38 Special that isn't snotty and energetic, so Power Pistol is perfect here.

But if you are trying to make any version of calm, sedate, low-recoil or relaxed loads in any caliber, Power Pistol is a poor choice.

Power Pistol Was/is Bullseye 84 Which was used by commercial loaders as a bulk powder and then introduced to the public as Power Pistol

It has a higher Nitro content like Win Auto Comp and others,
Yes it is good in higher pressure round, Trying to make a 45 ACP into something it was never intended to be is another matter. It is a lower pressure round big bullets going slower.