View Single Post

Old 09-24-2018, 07:56 AM

Liked 9,449 Times in 4,239 Posts

I'm surprised it took 5 posts to have somebody mention that this is a forerunner of the Model 30 rather than the 31. There have been a lot of folks recently who have gotten all excited about the micro-evolution of the !- & J-frames in 32 as well as the other calibers, and square vs round butt is a big deal!

I normally don't critique somebody's sales presentation, but if they were going to post 13 pictures it seems like they would have spent a little more time cleaning up the gun itself and making it look as good as possible. Like friend Hondo, I find that strange brand on the side plate to be a pretty jarring note on an otherwise nice gun, but if you want it for a shooter, I guess you can get used to it!

Speaking from a shooter's standpoint, that little gun is one of my favorite all time guns... it's a matter of record that I have the earlier, flat spring version of this gun (I-frame, of course) as one of my most frequently carried concealed carry guns. I was at the local indoor range Saturday and gave it a little workout... which reminded me once again why I like it so much!!

Froggie
The Following 2 Users Like Post: