View Single Post

Old 09-25-2018, 07:06 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler View Post
You are mostly right on all counts. I spoke to S&W today - Yes, because I am not the original owner (I was truthful), the lifetime warranty doesn't apply to me. However, the rep on the phone did say that sometimes, if it is a minor issue, they'll sometimes cover things under the warranty regardless. Now, if there is significant issues caused by owner negligence (or heavy modification), S&W can also decline warranty work - even if you were the original owner. They let the armorer working on the firearm to have some discretion in the decision, although they will typically fix almost anything for the original owner, within reason.

You are absolutely right - it didn't really matter what they charged me, this is a revolver I always wanted, and I just want it back and working properly! :-)
Yeah, I've never had to send in any of my vintage Smiths from the 70's that are older than me; thus I couldn't be the original owner. I've only sent in factory new bought by me stuff to S&W and Springfield, (before Springfield pulled that BS 2 years ago that has everyone I know now hating them.)

At least the fix is only $200 bucks and this Revo will be better than it was when it left the factory the first time. This will work out nice for you OP and you will have the gun you've always wanted. And good for you for following up with S&W. It only cost you a few minutes of time and now you know for sure rather than later second guessing if you threw money away (been there, done that.)

Good luck and you know we'll want to see lots of quality pics when you get your new baby back!

-Ham
The Following User Likes This Post: