View Single Post

Old 09-26-2018, 09:50 AM

Liked 594 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhump1961 View Post
How did I miss this thread? Great guns all around! Don't have a single pic of just the 686 but I'm sure you can pick it out!

I'm years behind as this thread was originally from 2011, but it's so rare to see an old school 686 snub with magna grips! That is so cool! I want one too! I've seen 2 that came stock with magnas, but that's it. Most snubs have the combat grips, but I don't care for those. That 686 you have with magnas is one of my few must have guns. I'd LOVE a snub 586 from the 80's and put magnas on that, but I'd have a better chance finding the 686. One of the 2 I saw with Mangas was at a gun show a year ago, unfortunately I didn't have the money to buy it. One day I'll have one. Did your's come with them or did you put them on yourself? Either way, I LOVE when people have magnas on a Smith & Wesson revolver. I can't stand the look or feel of rubber grips. My dad used to have a 6 inch 686 when I was a kid and even though they weren't magnas, I used to make him put the wood grips on before we'd go to the range. He sold most of his guns about 10 years ago and at the time I wasn't a big revolver fan, especially longer barrels so when he let me pick a gun, I went for the Colt 1911, but alas I was denied. Said it was worth too much money and he needed money. So I took his 40 cal Beretta 9000s. That is such a nice gun man, so glad I finally found another picture of one with magnas!