Thread: Mag Na Port
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2018, 05:07 PM

Liked 14,862 Times in 5,053 Posts

I have two Mag-Na-Ported revolvers, both are Rugers. One is my 7-1/2-inch .44 Redhawk, and this one has the four-port job that I asked and paid for them to do. I can't really compare how well it works to a non-ported .44 Magnum, but I'm happy that I did it and I have zero regrets.

The other is a 4.2-inch barreled GP-100 in .327 Federal Magnum. This is a gun that I found in my LGS and the work was someone else's idea. I can say that if it were me, I wouldn't have even thought to do this to a .327 Federal and if I could turn back time and decide one way or the other with no cost, I wouldn't have it done. Again, not having another .327 Federal just like it, I can't say how well it works.

I also can't say that it really bothers me either. I would agree that unless/until you find the perfect buyer that would specifically want the porting, it does not enhance "value" and for many, it is a permanent and non-OEM alteration. There are excruciatingly fee non-OEM, permanent alterations that ever enhance "value."