Thread: 460 vs 500
View Single Post

Old 09-29-2018, 02:19 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,669 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlanderFirearms View Post
I did have a look at that and it has some interesting rounds but I am looking at using pump action carbine for hunting to I think a lot of people still want the 600gn - 700gn in a carbine for flat-out knock down and then maybe a 325gn etc for their secondary backup as a lot of people match up like that when hiking in for a hunt etc and its the best "dont surprise me and then get all butt hurt coz I shot a hole in you the size of Texas" carry.

Having said that Im also making a 460SW pump so with both of those to come to market in these fabulous calibers I wanted people to have a choice of some amazing bullets to go with their amazing equipment and started to to @Fort Scott Munitions for their tumbling technology for 100% energy transfer in many cases although I suspect a 600-700gn may go through quite a lot of think skinned animals.

These are going to be some fun with the biggest of the bangers out there!
Fort Scott Munitions .4565 300grain Handgun Projectile
The .4565 bullet mentioned above is not usable in 460 S&W, it is intended for .458 rifle bores such as 45-70. Be a monolith copper projectile it would require machining to be usable in the 460 S&W.

If your looking for a copper monolith hunting bullet Barnes has 4 suitable choices, 200, 225, 250, and 275 XPB bullets. Cutting Edge has several choices, 240 handgun raptor and a 300 grain soild. My personal favorite is NorthFork Technologies 260 CPS (Cup Point Solid).

I have used all of them successfully in the field.

be safe
Ruggy
The Following User Likes This Post: