View Single Post

Old 09-30-2018, 09:44 AM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACORN View Post
Reviving a dead thread.
I have a RHKP Mod 10(don’t remember the dash #). I have no doubt it did some time on the beat. The finish is worn, has some freckles, the stocks are almost black(soy sauce? LOL) Definitely has character. Mechanically it’s perfect.
I had looked at a RHKP Colt at Gander Mountain when they were in business. When I asked the clerk to see the “RHKP Colt” he looked puzzled until I pointed it out to him. I said something about Royal Hong Kong Police an saw a light come on although dimly. I don’t think he realized what it stood for. I handed it back but got to thinking later I should have bought it especially since it was priced at $200. You know the rest of the story, I went back and it had been sold, probably to the clerk.
A couple weeks later my Hong Kong Mod 10 showed up on a local stores web site. I was on it like a duck on a june bug. Paid $400 for it but I wouldn’t sell it for that.
Having been half way around the world and back I wish now I’d took it with me to Springfield a couple years ago. Sort of bringing it home again.
I’ll post a couple pics later.
For the sake of this thread please post pics! This thread is nearly worthless without them!