View Single Post

Old 10-01-2018, 05:30 PM

Liked 4,960 Times in 1,303 Posts
Default A lot in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1A View Post
My paternal grandfather's 1897 Winchester, exposed hammer, in 16ga. He used it to shoot geese on the shore of Lake Geneva, WI during the depression for meat, not sport.
I was in SASS for a number of years and used it then. Not too much now though. It looks used, but functions perfectly.
M1A;

We have a lot in common. I am also a retired electrician, I started to gather all the acccoutrements to shoot in SASS, but never got to participate in that game. I was also given an uncle's old hard used Winchester 16ga. Mod 97 shotgun with a Polly Choke. He loaned it to many of the members of our family. It was used so much that almost all of the external bluing is worn off of it. another uncle, dropped it in the snow, and shot it, without cleaning the snow out of the barrel, causing a bulge in the barrel, so it was shortened, and a Polly Choke installed. The old shotgun, is as tight as new, and when I tried it, was able to shoot a 25 straight, in skeet with it. That old gun was promised to me, by my uncle, at around 5 yrs of age, to be mine, when I arrived at age 21. I was finally given to me, by my aunt, when I was much older than 21, and I have cherished it since. It's one of my prized possessions, and I wouldn't take all "The Tea In China", for it.
Chubbo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00117.jpg (123.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00121.jpg (122.9 KB, 17 views)
The Following 5 Users Like Post: