View Single Post

Old 10-04-2018, 11:44 AM
US Veteran

Liked 22,434 Times in 8,279 Posts

I fully understand the situation. I have been down that road, starting the Rifle Division for our club, getting it certified with the DCM, and the state program, building the range, setting up the paperwork, calling the line, scoring the targets, sending out the bulletins, etc. Then the annual paperwork reporting to NRA and DCM. I was able to eventually turn it over to a few others, and due to some dedicated individuals the program has continued and grown, as far as building a 600 yard range with pits, (rather than the 100/200 yard range initially).

That left me time to begin a Bullseye division of the club, it started out well, and after a couple years got another to take it over, and then it started slowing down as the IPSC division became very active. Seems it was a lot more fun to sling lead real fast at a whole target rather than be concerned about putting as many as possible in precisely the middle of the target. The Bullseye Division is now gone.

In another club, indoor winter time only, 22RF bullseye club, I had started a winter league and ran it for 30 years, Secretary, treasurer and defacto Chairman. Club gets pretty active for about 3-4 months in the winter, and we shoot a 10 week league and have about 25 participants. I finally "retired" after 30 years and I'm very happy a few others have stepped up and keep it going. I still participate, but just can't produce the kind of scores I used to. (One of those aging things my Dr. keeps talking about).

Lets us all help especially with the younger shooters to keep active competition going, it's the future of our sport.
The Following User Likes This Post: