View Single Post

Old 10-07-2018, 01:06 AM

Liked 9,376 Times in 3,509 Posts

Zombie thread but here goes anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogentry View Post
According to the specs I saw this version uses deep cut broached rifling in order to be more compatible with lead bullets.
I have a 625 PC also. Never shot any lead bullets in it though, I gave them up several years ago. I get good performance from plated bullets in mine.

As for the barrel, it does have the broached (6) groove rifling vs (5) groove EDM/ECM rifling (ie: 625JM). It's bore measures .443". It's supposed to be "deep cut" but since the bore measures essentially the same as my other 45's I don't see how it can have deeper grooves, just squarer/sharper. The groove measures essentially the same as the throats, .452".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogentry View Post
And I see quite a few posts about measuring the cylinder throats. Is that applicable here?
All my 45 ACP revolvers (325NG, 325TR, 625PC) have essentially the same throat size. I don't believe any of the modern ones have had an issue with throat sizing. S&W has been constant on these so I doubt your's would be off, but you never know for sure until you measure them (pin gages preferred).

I chamfered the muzzle on mine & feel it helped with it's grouping.

625PC with Badger grips, .300" SDM front sight & .146" rear blade.