View Single Post

Old 10-07-2018, 04:22 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

I said before I have a Sig P220. I've had far more issues with it than I have either of my Taurus pistols. It does have a lot of rounds through it (the Sig) and I needed to replace the recoil spring which I did. But the trouble started from the very start with that pistol. Certain ammo would not function for more than a mag or two before I had to clean it. That was likely more a problem with the ammo than the gun but still I've never had any problems with either of my Taurus pistols.

Again they have made some real junk in the past. But if you do the research and find out which models work you can still get a good gun from them. See how many bad stories about a G2 you can find. That's the other model I own BTW. It functions perfectly but it isn't as accurate as the PT-145. Not many pistols are though especially for a short barrel model like it is.

I'm not saying they don't still make some bad stuff. I don't own all of them. I hear bad things about them too. Again I wasn't looking to buy one when I bought my first one. I was given a deal I couldn't pass up. And I was very glad I took it. I was actually looking to buy a Glock but they don't make them for people with large hands like I have apparently. I couldn't find a single model that fit my hand. The Taurus fit like a glove. I still checked reviews before I bought it and every one I saw said it was a great pistol.

I don't work for Taurus and I wouldn't say they are better than other makers. But they do make some very good pistols. I have two. I have other pistols that are good too. I carry a Springfield these days or sometimes the G2 because it is lighter. But again I absolutely love the PT-145. It has been amazingly good for me. The Sig is actually more accurate but considering it cost about 4X as much as either of my Taurus pistols it should be. But inside 20 yards they are equal in accuracy or close. The Taurus may be more accurate.

I would not suggest anyone buy a Taurus without doing a lot of research first. Some models are MUCH better than others.
The Following User Likes This Post: