View Single Post

Old 10-07-2018, 08:49 PM

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
You don't need to be a ninja to defend yourself with a knife. People use knives with some regularity to defend against dogs, mountain lions, etc., all without any type of specialized training.

I'd wager that the majority of folks who you a firearm, conceal carry or otherwise in a lawful self defense shooting haven't attended even one class at Gunsite or any other facility of that type yet they manage to come out on top.

Not saying training in either firearm or knife wouldn't have its benefits but it's certainly not mandatory.

Come up against someone with even rudimentary knife fighting skills and you’ll find yourself sliced, diced and gutted. Before you think that will never happen take a look at how many knife training videos and courses are around, talk to some corrections officers about what they see inmates practicing and training...

I’d rather come up against someone with a gun than a knife, I’ve trained with both, I’ve seen the average person who doesn’t train with both.

One final thought, in a knife fight even the victor gets cut.

Read up on what James Keating, Michael Janich and Massad Ayoob say about knife fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Following 3 Users Like Post: